From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminate executions automatically before exiting

Hi,

I want to disable the dialog that comes up when TestStand engine is going to be shut down while executions are still running ("You have incomplete executions...").
After this dialog you can choose "Terminate" for every execution. Is there any possibility to tell TestStand to terminate running executions generally without showing these annoying dialogs??

Thanks
Steffen
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,345 Views)

Hi,

Wouldn't it be better to actually terminate the executions.

Attached is an example, where the execution reference is return from  a new execution and used in the cleanup to terminate that execution.

This is just one way.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,333 Views)

Hi

of course your suggestion is the appropriate way to do it.

But in my case this is not possible because I have two executions that are running until exiting the user interface (written in cvi) and with it shutting down the engine.

See this thread: http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=330&message.id=8023

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,326 Views)

Hi,

Is it the Operator Interface that starts these two execution?

Regards

Ray.

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,324 Views)
no, these two execs are started in the sequence file load callback of the main sequence
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,322 Views)
Hi,

So, couldn't you use the SequenceFile Unload Callback to stop those excutions.
The Operator Interface will perform this task as it goes through the shut down process of closing any loaded sequence files etc..

Regards
Ray
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,320 Views)

I've already tried this, but the problem is that the popup "You have incomplete executions [...]" comes up before the SequenceFileUnload callback of the main sequence is executed!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,315 Views)