NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TempFile Showing up in Report Viewer

I have implemented an Application Manager callback for the DisplayReport event. In my callback, I am only launching the report viewer for reports that failed (TS_ReportLaunchViewer). The name of the report is built using the sequence name as a prefix to "report". The serial number is also used as part of the name:

cbb_report[SerialNumber].xml

I am getting the callbacks ok and appear to be displaying only the reports that failed as intended. I do have a couple of small quirks that concern me however. Let's assume that I have two reports that I am expecting from failed sockets, cbb_report[456].xml and cbb_report[789].xml. In the callback, I retrieve the location of the report and it seems correct, i.e. path\cbb_report[xxx].xml. It is correct for both instances of the report. The quirks are:

1.  Even though the location property indicates that the report is path\cbb_report[456].xml, the viewer is showing the loaded report at path\TempReport_00006.xml. The contents of the report are correct.

2. The second file caused two reports to be displayed even though the callback was entered once for it. Both reports are the same and are correct but I was only expecting one. The two reports had different names:  path\TempReport_00007.xml and \path\cbb_report[789].xml.

Can anyone explain this behavior and what I can do about it?
John

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,963 Views)
Hi John,

TestStand uses the temporary report file instead of the final copy because of a bug in Internet Explorer that has yet to be fixed.

As to why the report is being displayed 2 times - have you made any modifications to the process model that would possibly send the DisplayReport UI Message more than once?

Let me know John, Thanks.
Dan Weiland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,927 Views)
Dan,
The DisplayReport UI Message does not seem to be consistent. I looked through the process model, etc. and don't even see where the UI message is being sent. I have a slightly modified BatchModel.seq which has very minor changes. Can you tell me what generates the UIMsg_DisplayReport message? Is it automatically generated or is it something that has to be part of the sequence?
John

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,890 Views)