NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telling a UI when a Test is running

We are running a basic LabView UI to the TestStand engine.  We want to be able to disable elements on our UI when TestStand is running a test.  We can do this whebn running from an execution entry point by posting UI Messages, but we also need to be able to disable elements on our interface when a test is being run outside of an execution entry point.

Any thoughts appreciated

Steve

There are 10 types of people in the world that understand binary, those that do and those that don't.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,986 Views)
Hi Steve,

You can use the UIMsg_StartInteractiveExecution and UIMsg_EndInteractiveExecution for everything else.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,981 Views)

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your response.  Not sure I explained myself to well.  However I can refine my question having read your post.

Is it possible to modify TestStand to post a custom UI Message to our UI when an interactive execution starts and stops? Or is it posting the messages you mentioned in your post already?

Regards

Steve

There are 10 types of people in the world that understand binary, those that do and those that don't.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,980 Views)

Hi Steve,

It should be post them are already, but depending on your UI, that might not be trapping for them. A UI base on the full version should be handling them.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,977 Views)

TS is sending them already StartExecution and EndExecution, created Application Manager callbacks to handle the events and everything is good.

Thanks again for responses

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,974 Views)