NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSSuppRef.chm file is missing from NI TestStand 2013

I noticed the file TSSuppRef.chm file is missing from NI TestStand 2013. However, the file exists in NI TestStand 2012. The default location is

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 2013\Doc\Help\TSSuppRef.chm  (32 Bit Windows 7).

To make a temporay fix I just copied the TSSuppRef.chm file from  from TestStand 2012 to  from TestStand 2013.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,108 Views)

Hi Pete,

Were you encountering an error or a problem that was fixed by that workaround? If so please describe it for us so we can document it and include it in the next patch if it is a bug.

Regards,
Basil
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,094 Views)

My temporary work around solution would apply if someone had TestStand 2012 and Teststand 2013 installed on their same machine. If TestStand 2012 is not installed on the same machine this work around solution would not work.

I simply copied C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 2012\Doc\Help\TSSuppRef.chm 

to

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 2013\Doc\Help\TSSuppRef.chm.

At least now I am able to look up help on TSSuppRef documenation for TestStand 2013.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,091 Views)

Hi Pete,

I looked into it and found that the file in question has been renamed TSSyncServer.chm in the help files, so no need to make an additional copy of it.

Regards,
Basil
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,062 Views)

Basil is correct. The TSSuppRef.chm file was renamed TSSyncServer.chm and now includes only the API information. All other information that appeared in the TSSuppRef.chm file has been integrated into other .chm files within the NI TestStand Help. No information was removed from the help system. There is no need to copy TSSuppRef.chm from previous versions of TestStand into the TestStand 2013 Doc\Help directory. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need more information. 

Thanks,

Callie Jones

TestStand Documentation Team

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,058 Views)

So how do I tell or set TestStand 2013 to look for that new file name and path?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,054 Views)

Pete_Cooper@Genie_Industries wrote:

So how do I tell or set TestStand 2013 to look for that new file name and path?

Where is it looking for the old file name? You shouldn't have to tell it anything.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,048 Views)

As I said earlier my version of TestStand 2013 looks for the path of TSSuppRef.chm in

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 2013\Doc\Help\TSSuppRef.chm

and it is not there.

Here is the error message I am getting:

(See Attachment)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,045 Views)

What do you mean TestStand's looking for it? Do you mean you launch TestStand and immediately get an error? What do you have to do in order for the error to occur? When does the error occur?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,023 Views)

@dug9000 wrote:

What do you mean TestStand's looking for it? Do you mean you launch TestStand and immediately get an error? What do you have to do in order for the error to occur? When does the error occur?

Someone pointed out to me that the reason you are getting the error is that you are using the .fp file from TestStand 2012 rather than teststand 2013. But in looking at this more carefully it appears that even the 2013 .fp files are pointing to the wrong help files. Thanks for pointing this out. We will fix this in a future version. In the meantime, either using the older help file, or manually going to the function in the newer help file is probably the best workaround.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,020 Views)