NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS2 call executable's "WAIT FOR EXIT" vs LBV7 System exec's "wait for completion"

Does the TS2 step, "call executable" with option "WAIT FOR EXIT"
is equivalent to LBV7 "System exec" control with its input "wait for completion" (set to TRUE) ?

because in LBV7 my application runs ok, using the "call executable" control
but in TS2 , using the "call executable" the sequence sometimes continues without wait to the application to
end.

i am trying to execute a window application which runs a script. and at the end of the script
it close itself, then the program continues..

thakns in advance
Simon.I
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,261 Views)
Hi,

The trouble with the Call Executable step type and the same with the labview version, you dont know whether control has been returned because everything was ok or not.

So what you might be seeing, running from Teststand, is it prematurely returning because your executable failed.

I have had to do tricks, like my executable creating a temporary file, then in TestStand, check for the presence of the file.

Have you tried running your VI from an action step rather than use the Call Executable step, to see if its more reliable?

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 2 of 6
(3,260 Views)
yes, sure i tried, but i faced other problems
please see my question concerning this:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=330&message.id=6487#M6487

thats why i wanted to run via TS step

thanks
Simon.I
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,252 Views)
Hi,

I can not see how the other question can cause you a problem in running your VI.

It might be an inconvenience and really only affects the first time labview is launched via the activeX interface.

I was interested to find out if running via a labview adapter was more reliable than running via the TS Call Executable step.

I am assuming that when you said it worked from LabVIEW you were not running from the TestStand environment?

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,246 Views)
Hello Ray
Indeed, under labview it looks more reliable than under TS2

concerning to the first question. the Labview window opens each time
the step executes, and not only the first time
as you said