NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS Pallette's GetMonitorTerminator

Writing from home so I may have name of vis wrong... Using LV2010, and TS 2010.

I'm trying to have a small window display the iteration number of  a loop in a main sequence. I want it displayed separate from the OI.

I go to the TestStand pallette in LV. I tried using InitMonitor, GetMonitorTerminator, and GetPropertyValue (polymorphed to Number) and close Monitor from in a VI, then set that VI as the Module in the step of Main Sequnce with the Locals.i loop counter as the property value to display.

Problem is, apparently the TS VIs on the pallette weren't written in LV2010, and I get an error (Red circle with "!") and it wont display my VI.

So I saved the VI for Previous Version (8.0.1, 8.4, 8.6, 9, etc....), and then TS complains that a VI has to be wriiten in the same version as the RTE that TS is using )2010 in my case)and I get a different error

Or is there an easier way to display a loop counter independent of the OI??

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,156 Views)

Hi jbabb1,

Have you considered passing out the value of the loop iteration as an indicator? This would be the most direct way to access the loop counter. 

Briana P.
Licensing
Sr SW Engineering Manager | NI R&D
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,078 Views)

Hi Brianna, I used the Thread.PostUIMessageEX and that did it! I'm hoping it works for the Simple UI as well as it does for the Sequence Editor UI.

I  had to create a dummy  object reference (SUBOJ  with a value of nothing) to give the method's ActiveXDataParam input something to chew on . I like to know why!  🙂

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,061 Views)

EDIT:

The VI was InitializeTerminationMonitor -> GetTerminationMonitorStatus  -> GetPropertyValue (set to number)  -> CloseTerminationMonitor

All from the TS Palette in LV2010. Still would like to know Why TS2010 objected to this code

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,046 Views)

Hi jbabb, 

Is it possible you had the InitializeTerminationMonitor.vi iterating in the loop? Else, could you explain a little more what exactly didn't work (ie did you get an error when you did not use the dummy object reference)?

Briana P.
Licensing
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,787 Views)

No only Get Property Value was in the loop-  the init and get Terminator indicator and the close were all outside the loop , close at the end, of course

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,742 Views)

Isn't there just a better standard way of displaying the string ;    "Currently in loop 1 of 12"     in a small window?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,739 Views)

Ok let's clarify a few things so we can troubleshoot further:

Are you trying to display this loop iteration in a LabVIEW UI or in a code module?

Also, you mentioned earlier that you were getting errors. Could you provide a screenshot of that?

Briana P.
Licensing
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,667 Views)