NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS Database, how to use loop up tables?

HI,
When a memo field 'mystring' is getting a known string (e.g. from a list of 10 strings) it is much wiser to place in 'mystring' a pointer to the table where the 10 possible strings are stored, rather than write the whole string in 'mystring' field.

Can you show my how to do that? What do I have to put in the schema and what in my table?

Thanks
Rafi
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,901 Views)
Rafi -
You must determine the value to store into the field using a TestStand expression. So you would have to hardcode or perform a "lookup" in the expression to determine the foreign key value or enumeration value that corresponds to the string table, but you are limited by the expression language.

Scott Richardson (NI)
Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,900 Views)
I have a problem and i don´t know if it´s possible to do with labview
I want do operations with tables like add columns or rows,
Si la vida te da la espalda, entonces agarrale las nalgas!!!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,835 Views)
Hi Rafi,

Are you referring to LabVIEW’s table datatype? If so, then to perform a mathematical operation on the columns or rows of the table, you will actually need to extract out that particular row or column array and then perform the desired mathematical operation. In some cases, there is a more efficient operator that is available to operate on an array of values rather than a single value (refer to the Numeric palette for details).

However, do note that the table refers to its elements as strings. Therefore, before any numerical operation can be performed, you will need to first do a string to number conversion (look in the String/Number Conversion palette under String).

Hope this helps!

Kileen
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,816 Views)