NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS 3.5 Deployment Utility -> Changing SubVI locations

Hi all,
    I was wondering if there is a way to get the deployment utility to leave the subVIs it finds during VI processing in the same directory structure it finds them on the target computer.  I like to group my subVIs with the top-level VIs that call them, so I don't like how the deployment utility puts all of the subVIs in the Support VIs folder on the target machine.  Is there a way to do this without manually adding all of the subVIs to my workspace to keep the directory structure?
Thanks for your help,
-John
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,572 Views)
Hi John,

Unfortunately the deployment utility doesn't currently allow for any customization as to where the support VIs are located in the image. When the deployment utility creates the image, it moves all of the files associated with your workspace to one centralized location, relinking all of the VIs to this spot in the process. That way you can just grab the image and move it from development to test machine without needing to worry about the file paths being present on your test machine.

One thing to note - if you modify a VI on your development machine and want to put it out on the test machine, you should create a new deployment to do this. Since the original VIs have been relinked internally, copying the original files directly to the test machine could result in broken test sequences.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Dan Weiland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,550 Views)