NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS 2014 Save as previous version not working

I have installed the latest version of TS 2014  and LV 2014 on my development system however all of my deployment stations run 2012. Despite using the save as function and selecting the 2012 version for my sequence files and saving my labview libraries for the previous versions as well if I create a deployment without TSRTE and LVRTE the error occurs that the sequence file was created in a newer version and cannot open the sequence file. Even when i bring the previous version saved sequence files over directly i cannot open them in TS 2012, i still get the same error -17098. Is there a setting in the deployment utility or a setting in the workspace or configuration that is necessary to run a deployment on a previous version of TS and LV. I understand my adapter settings may have something to do with it but anytime I select anyhting other than my labview 2014 development my code modules become worthless. any info is appreciated, as ive searched and searched in help and on forums and have found only tidbits that have gotten me thus far.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,094 Views)

Are you using the TestStand 2014 deployment utility? If you want to create a TestStand 2012 deployment, you need to use TestStand 2012 and the TestStand 2012 deployment utility.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,075 Views)

Yup... thats what Ive started working on. My other hang up of converting sequence files written in 2014 to 2012 and then not being able to open them in 2012 was due to the fact that I was reloading the modules immediately after converting them as I was saving them to the same location of the previous file. A pop up would immediatly ask me if i wanted to reload and I would always click yes. As soon as i clicked no i was able to open the back saved files in 2012. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,063 Views)