NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronization without batch process model

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like to sychronize paralell sequencenes without a Batch process model. We use a custom process model so I couldn't use the Batch test types. As in my example, I call threetimes the same sequence paralell. In our test bench I used to synchronize Rendezous test steps. But sometimes it seems that the Rendezous step will not be handled correctly an the main sequence is waiting at the Rendezous step although the paralell sequences might be finished.

Are there any other way to synchronize the paralell sequences without Batch process model. I tried also Batch Specification test step but I don't know how to use it exactly.

Thanks

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,526 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Inov8

Hi Stefan,

The Batch Specification step is what will create the same conditions you get with the Batch Process Model (you can use the batch synchronization steps). I've attached a modified version of the example you put up, using this method to force the main sequence to wait for all created threads to finish.

Some points:

1. The batch is first created, and you can populate it with threads as they are started in each sequence call.

2. In each sub_seq call a thread is added to the batch, this requires you storing an object reference for each of the threads when selecting to open it in a new thread.

3. Checking the batch for any threads still running can be used to halt the main sequence until all sub_seq calls have completed.

I hope this helps.

--------
Nico
Systems Engineer

Certified TestStand Architect Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,495 Views)

great, it works.

That's what I'm looking for and thank you for your example which is very helpful for understanding the test step.

BR

stefan 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,484 Views)

Great! I'm glad it helped.

--------
Nico
Systems Engineer

Certified TestStand Architect Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4