From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch Executive error: -1074126826

The following error occasionally occurs when executing a Disconnect All TestStand step, Switch Executive:"Filename",Connect/Disconnect.
I Need a solution
Error, Error executing substep 'Post'. An error occurred calling 'RunStep' in 'ISubstep' of 'TestStand Ivi Step Types' An error occurred while executing the step. Unexpected Error: Switch Executive failed to initialize for virtual device 'NLAWQAT_Rev01'. Details: NLAWQAT_Rev01_init returned an error: -1074126826 (0x%3). Source: TSIviStepTypes [Error Code: -1074126826, User-defined error code.]
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,943 Views)

Hi Ken,

does this occur if this switch is simulated too?
That error can sometimes point to a timeout error in trying to connect to the device itself.
Is there anything else going on at that point?
Does it occur even if you step your way through the sequence?
Does it ever occur on a cut down sequence?
You say a "Disconnect All" step. Do you mean you have a step type that does this (i.e. the IVI-C switch step type) or you have this set on the switching tab of another step type (i.e. using switch executive)?
What version of TestStand are you using?
What is the model and manufacturer of the switch? Can you provide the driver install for that switch?
Does it happen in the sequence editor, the operator interface or both? If both, which one does it happen in more?
Which IVI compliance package do you have installed, and what's your version of VISA.

Any other information you think is pertinent would also help.

Thanks

Sacha Emery
National Instruments (UK)

// it takes almost no time to rate an answer Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,930 Views)