cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supress error message about unreleased property messages in Labview OI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi folks,

I would like to suppress the error message about unreleased property objects which appears after my OI exits. Is there some way to shutdown the Teststand Application Manager silently?

I am aware that every property object should be released and I believe that some callback VIs or that I open some ref in some custom User Interface Message callback VIs which I don't close. Most of the code in my project is written by others and my mission is to create a "run-once or twice-show" to be able to explain the different stages of the software (it is only a software mock-up)

Is there some fast and effective method to find ActiveX references which are not closed?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,837 Views)
Solution
Accepted by mthimm

These issues most often occur in custom UIs. Therefor, i assume that you are also using a custom UI. Is that correct?

If so, your focus of finding the reference is are primarily callback functions within the UI. Rule of thumb: Close ALL references you generate (or deviate) in your code; do NOT close the references you get directly as parameter from TS.

If you are not running a custom UI, the issue is most likely created by modules which are using the TS API (same rule of thumb applies of course).

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 5
(2,830 Views)

Thanks a lot.

Yes I am using a custom UI. It is not entirely my code, but it is helpful to watch out only for references which have been created within the code of the UI instead of loogking if some references were Parameters to UI messages that I have overlooked.

This is new to me, because everyone I have asked before told me to delete _every_ reference which has been _used_ by my vi. Your answer makes things much clearer  and much easier. Additionally it coincides with my observations.

But my initial main question was if there is a way to supress the message, that there where unproperly released Property objects. I am aware, that this is not nice and by not noticing that Teststand did not exit cleanly I can leave my system unstable. I need this for a presentation where under no circumstances any error window should appear.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,819 Views)
Solution
Accepted by mthimm

I strongly recommend to identify the leak and fix it.

However, you can remove the dialog by un-checking "Report Object Leaks" the debug options in the station options preferences.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 4 of 5
(2,809 Views)

Thanks a lot, this is exectly what I weanted to know. Meanwhile I (hopefully) identified all open references. It was less work than I thought.

I will uncheck the "Report Object Leaks" in order to cause no confusion by an error message during my presentation if I overlooked something.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,798 Views)