NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

String Value Test-Teststand 2010

Hi All,

I am currently using teststand 2010 and I have a sequence that retrieve a string of data from the device flash including part number and software versions. I use a string value test to compare the part number retrieved from flash it works fine. We made some changes on the board which forces us to create a new part number Now the problem is I have two part numbers to verify. Is it possible to use the following custom condition in the Post Action of the string step "Locals.rcv.String == True ? (" 1124338 ") : (" 1120839 ") ? New & Old. Any help would greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

WJ

String Value Test.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,690 Views)

This is similar: http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/String-Value-Test-Evaluate-Data-Source-against-multiple-values/...

Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,683 Views)

Hi,

I download the seq from the link set similar the conditions, but did not work for me.

Thanks

WJ

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,653 Views)

Why don't you validate them both in the same step?  I'm confused as to why you need separate steps to validate.  The link I posted shows how to validate both.

If this is not an option then can you explain more what you are looking for?  It's not clear to me what you are trying to do with your code.  Maybe a pseudo code?

Something like this:

Get Version

If New Version Check

If Not New Version jump to check old version

Check old version

Thanks,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,569 Views)

Thanks for the help! I got it to work.

WJ

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,566 Views)

Hi all,

I wanted to thank you all for helping with Teststand 2010. I have another problem or something I wanted to do and I never tried it before. I am currently using Teststand 2010 and I wanted to run two sequences at the same time.

1. I want to do a measurement (voltage) using a DMM

2. I want also send a command via serial communicating with UUT.

3. I do not know where to begin or how start. I was told to use sync

Thanks in advanced any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

WJ

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,998 Views)

Justin,

We have a pretty active community at TestStand. Since this seems like a new application or a new project, it might be a better idea to make a new post and reference this post if you feel like it would help so it would reach a greater amount of people and get a conversation going.

Regards,

Ali S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,960 Views)