NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop time to report, how ?

hi,

If I would like to write stop date and time to report header like start date and time, what would be the best approach ?

I was thinking add in UUT object new parameters called StopTime and StopDate. Last sequence in MainSequence would write both date and time into these parameters which I later in reportgen_XXX.seq files can put into the report header. How can I create parameters in runtime ? I would like to avoid modify shipped sequence files.

br

petri

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,272 Views)

Petri,

You can use UUT.AdditionalData unstructured container for adding your data and when you set "Include in Report" flag for the added property, your data gets automatically logged in the report.

UUT.AdditionalData is introduced in TestStand 2013 and details of how to use it is described in http://www.ni.com/white-paper/8289/en/ white paper (Search for "Logging additional UUT and Station data to the report header").

You need to add properties under UUT.AdditionalData before PostUUT callback executes. Hence, as you are already doing, I think it might be better to populate the UUT.AdditionalData in last sequence of MainSequence.

- Shashidhar

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,264 Views)

Hi Shashidhar

thanks for reply. Unfortunately I'm still in TS2010.

Would it be possible to do the same trick with activeX steps ?

br

petri

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,254 Views)