NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop-on-fail with report generation

How can I make a sequence execution stop-on-fail and still generate a report?

Setting the "Always Goto Cleanup on Sequence Failure" makes the sequence stop on a step failure, but then disables the report generation.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,977 Views)
Hi,

It shouldn't do that. If you are using either of Test UUTs or Single Pass, you should still get a report.

What teststand version are you using?
Are you using default process models and report generation files.

Do you have a simple example you can post to show your problem.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,973 Views)
I'm using v 3.1 of TestStand.

According to this link

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ccce1e3061100bce86256b5800474375?OpenDocument

the behaviour is expected. But it does not tell how to make the sequence stop on a fail but still give me a report file.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,959 Views)
Hi,

Yes it does, see the Note from your link.

(Note: You can enable this option on a sequence by sequence basis. Do the following to accomplish this:
  • Open your sequence file and select the sequence in which you want to apply this behavior.
  • Select Edit»Sequence Properties, click on the General tab and select the option "Goto Cleanup on Sequence Failure".)

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,954 Views)

But I'm not quite happy with the behaviour from TestStand here.

If I set the options as follows

engine->StationOptions->AlwaysGotoCleanupOnFailure = FALSE; 
seqContext->Main->Sequence->GotoCleanupOnFailure = TRUE; 
seqContext->Sequence->GotoCleanupOnFailure            = TRUE; 

I do get a report when a sequence fails. However,  the sequence will not immediately go to clean-up on a step failure (it will first complete the sequence call). How can I make sequence go to clean-up immediately at step failure and still give me a report file?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,923 Views)

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, In your sequence, if any one of the steps fail, you dont want any remaining steps executed.

You can do this but you would have to set the Failure Post Action of each of the steps to goto the cleanup. This is done in the Properties Dialogbox of the Step.

Regard

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,906 Views)