NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step - "Sequence Call Name" usage

Solved!
Go to solution

I wrote a program that uses teststand API calls to delete specific DLL calls and replace these with a VI call, unfortunately this method does not copy step settings (preconditions etc. ) Right hand file shown in attachment.

I later found that it was better to just change the adapter type (since the step settings will be kept)  Left hand file in attachment.

When I compared the output of these two methods I noticed that I seem to have accidentally set the "Sequence Call Name" as shown in the right hand file in attachment. (no doubt a bug in my first program)

Can anyone tell me what the "Sequence Call Name" field is used for in the example shown and what effect that accidentally setting it may cause?

I opened the right hand file in Teststand but I can not find that property in any of the step settings.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,007 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 4watt

Hey 4watt,

The Wait step has the ability to wait until a thread or execution is complete, and one way to specify the thread or execution is to choose a Sequence Call step from the sequence. This sets the Sequence Call Name property in the step.

One of the other properties of the Wait step is the "Wait for" property (WaitForTarget in TestStand 2013). This property will be a numeric value between 0 and 3 indicating which of the four settings in the Wait step is being used (Time Interval, Time Multiple, Thread, or Execution). Therefore, you shouldn't have a problem with the Sequence Call Name property set as long as the Wait For property is set to 0 or 1.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,956 Views)

Hi Daniel,

Excellent answer, thanks for clearing that issue up for me.  Smiley Happy

I was initially concerned that setting may have had some unexpected side effects.

Just before receiving your reply I also found this note on the Synchronization Step Types properties that you can see in the Step settings - property browser

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052K-01/tsref/infotopics/sync_step_types_wait/

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,945 Views)