NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step properties

Hi!
I have to get informations and parameters for a step in a database. The step is a "Call sequence" step and the informations I have to complete is the parameters of the calling sequence. I don't know how to do that. I'm able to set local variables for the database.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,454 Views)
I'm not quite sure what you want. Local variables are used to pass variables from the calling step to the called sequence. In the calling step, you use Locals.xxx, where xxx is the name of the variable being passed. In the called sequence, the xxx must exist as a Parameter, not a local, and is called Parameter.xxx. If you want to store these parameters to a database, use Parameters.xxx or Locals.xxx depending on if your database steps are in the called sequence (Parameters) or the calling step (Locals).
Example:
Main Sequence
Call SubSequence1 (Locals.Number1)

SubSequence1 - Must have variable defined in Parameters tab called Number1.
(any step that uses Parameters.Number1)

If storing to database in Main Sequence, store Locals.Number1, if database steps are in SubSequence then use Parameters.Number1
I hope this is clear and what you want.
If you need to learn how to store to the database, there are examples that come with TestStand on database programming.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,437 Views)
Thanks tbob!
You were clear and I understand somme things better. But my real problem is that I have different step which use the same parameters but with different value. All this parameters are local variables.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,430 Views)
I'm still not sure exactly what you are wanting to do. Variables can change value. The value at the time you send it to the database is what is sent to the database. If the value changes later on, you have to resend it to the database if you want to save it. Please be more specific on your problem.
- tbob

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,415 Views)
Hi!
I know that if the value change I have to reload the value from the database. I use the property loader. and I want to set the parameters of a Call sequence step with the property loader.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,411 Views)
I'm sorry, I've never used the property loader, and I'm not very familiar with it. Perhaps someone else here can help you with that.
- tbob

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,407 Views)
Hi,

The parameter argument list TS.SData.ActualArgs is not a property that is available via the PropertyLoader.
Therefore you will propably have to load your values into say some local variables of which you these to pass as the arguments to the SequenceCall

eg MySequence (Locals.arg1, Locals.arg2)

They is a section in the User Manual which takes you through the steps for setting up the property loader to read and write from a database.

Hope this is of help
Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 7 of 8
(3,398 Views)
Hi!
Thanks!
I will do that but I hoped there is a method more dynamical to set the parameters.
But I have to set parameter in a step which depend on the robot but it doesn't accept local variables.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,391 Views)