From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step.Result.Numeric Format

Hi All,

I'm maintaining an existing TS sequence, which creates a custom .csv test report by reading the value of Step.Result.Numeric for each step, converting to a string, and storing the results in a LabVIEW vi as an array of strings.

At the moment, it is using the default numeric format of floating point or engineering units, depending on the value. I've been asked to change the precision of every result to 4 d.p. floating point

I know you can edit the format of a numeric limit test, by editing Step.Result.Numeric > Numeric Format, I was wondering if there is a way to set this globally, so I can save some time by not changing 100's of steps!!

Thanks,

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,246 Views)

If you're using an unmodified or derivative version of the default process models shipped with TestStand, you should have a Report Options item under the Configure menu. Select it and in the dialog that pops up, there is a field "Default Numeric Format".

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,240 Views)

Another possibility is to use PropertyObject.GetFormattedValue() to convert the teststand number to a string. This method has an optional format parameter which lets you specify a numeric format directly.

Hope this helps,

-Doug

Message 3 of 5
(4,233 Views)

Do we have an example of this somewhere? I am going to try to develop one if not. 

Thanks,

--
Peter Rifken - Field Engineer & Business Manager
Boston / North New England & Maine
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,074 Views)

Is there a way to set the precision on a test by test basis AND have it show up in the report the same way?  My customer requested to have "a reasonable number of digits" in the report.  I went through and changed each Numeric Limit Test step to have a custom format and set the digits of precision to more closely reflect what was being measured but this doesn't pass through to the report. 

Edit:

Well, I just tried this on my home laptop and it seems in my very quick trial to work as I expected.  I'll have to see if there is something about the customers machine that is odd.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,779 Views)