NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Station Options - User Manager tab

Within the Station Options, I see the User Manager tab.  If I use the default configure location, the Users.ini file will live in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.5\Cfg\Users.ini.  Is this where BOTH the development and target Users.ini file will live, or is this only the development location?  If this location applies only to the development, where is the target location specified?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,918 Views)
It is the location for both. I point to a users.ini file on a network shared drive so when I add or remove users, both developers and users always have the latest list and I don't have re-deploy users.ini to every tester.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,914 Views)
That's probably a good idea during development so that all developers share the same file.  In my situation, though, the target will not be on a network, so I probably need to select a location on the C-drive when we get to deployment, correct?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,911 Views)

That's correct.

All of my deployments, locally and at our contract manufacturers, are connected to a network. For the CM's we provide an inexpensive server that is connected to the CM's network. The testers are connected to a network provided by the server. All test results go to the server. That makes it easy for both the CM and my company to get test results. Also, the sequence files, test steps, model files, etc. are all deployed to the server. This makes it simple to update all testers at once and I don't have to worry that one tester out of several and 3 thousand miles away missed getting updated. Servers are cheap.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,908 Views)