NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip or run any step during execution

I want if is possible to specify during the execution if any step will be executed or will be skipped.

My opinion is to use PreStep Callbacks, and here to specify if will be executed or not.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,765 Views)

Nicut

It seems that you want to specify some preconditions for your step.

Depending on the precondition your step will be executed or skipped.

Check The Precondition Dialog Box help.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,751 Views)
Hi,Antonio Lie (NI)

After my knowledge each step or Sequences from the Precondition is executed only one date. My problem is I need soothing with is executed every beginning each step, for I can to determine if the step will by executed or not

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,742 Views)

Nicut,

Do you want to know before hand whether the an specific step will be executed or not?

1.Is it step type specific?

2. How would you prevent the step to execute?

3. Why do you want to know if the step will be executed?

The precondition expression is evaluated before the step executes. Every time it is turn for a step to be executed the precondition needs to be evaluated in order to decide whether skip or execute the step.

Check the Step Execution Section in the TestStand Reference Manual so you can see the order of actions that a step perform.

(What version of TestStand are you using?)

Best Regards!!

I

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,737 Views)
Hi,Antonio Lie,

I want in preconditions to make something like this

SelectedSteps [StepId]  == ‘True’ the  step will be executed

==  ‘False’ the step will be skipped

From other program language I export in a text file the array SelectedSteps,  and in this mode to determine if the steps will be executed or not.

Thank you,

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,729 Views)

Nicut,

Yes you can do that using preconditions.
I assume that you want to skip steps (tests) in your sequence based on these external "flags".
This is a pretty common scenario. You have the same test sequence for different units and you want to skip certain tests based on a model number or serial number.
I am curious on how you are exporting your array. I assume that you export the array at the beginning of your sequence.
I am attaching an example that uses the property loader step type to export a series of Boolean local variables. I use this locals to decide whether or not to run the steps in my sequence. Notice that I am using preconditions.
The zip file contains two files. The sequence file and a text file called sourceFile. You can modify the source file in order to skip or execute the desired steps next time you execute your sequence.

I hope this helps.

Let me know how it works.

Regards.

Message 6 of 7
(3,722 Views)

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,705 Views)