From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple push button OI

Hi All,

I'm kinda getting frustrated.  I'm knowledgable in LabVIEW; I can create sequences that run within TestStand (2013), but I am having a heck of a time implementing / using the simple OI to get a decent interface panel.

For now, to move forward on my project, learn the interface system a little more and get me on the path for a better interface, I need your help. I think part of my dilema is that I don't have a lot of experience with ActiveX controls.

All I want for now is a panel that has buttons on it, that when pressed, they give the path to a specific test sequence, that the operator can then just hit run and it goes.  Each flavor of the UUT has TX & RX, so if the TX button is pressed, it runs that part.  If RX, then the same.  The part that I would like to expand on would be having both buttons pressed so that RX would follow TX.  

Does anyone have a similar OI that they could share with me?  Please? I've asked my question first because of a time crunch and the fact that I did not sleep last night for pondering this.  I will, while I wait for an answer, peruse the TestStand forum for a solution too.

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,257 Views)

Nevermind.....  I've figured this part out.....  Click "Test UUTs"  not "Run Main Sequence".

Sorry - I forgot one other aspect that's bothering me.

When I run the sequences in TS, they ask fot the unit's serial number. When I use the simple OI provided by 2013, it doesn't ask that. Why? Can I make it ask? One of the previous programmers made it so that the serial number is read from the unit, so that is used as a double check.

Thanks

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,254 Views)

The serial dialog happens in the PreUUT callback and has nothing to do with the OI.  So if it's not popping up then you've most likely overriddent the PreUUT callback from your client and taken it out.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,250 Views)