From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Model in Deployment

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm using the latest version of TestStand and have created plenty of test solutions and deployments in the past, using the sequential model.

But this time, I'm using the BATCH model, and I just can't figure out how to include this setting in the deployment.

I've tried the following:

1. Include public folders option - does not work, as the testexec.ini including has the sequential model setting
  2. Include the <teststand>cfg/testexec.ini file in the workspace and deployment - does not work, get Active X error on deployment machine

Would appreciate any help/advice

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,936 Views)
Solution
Accepted by morngoose

This information is stored in :

C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\TestStand 2012\Cfg\TestExec.ini

Under

[config]

StationModelPath2 = "BatchModel.seq"

You can write a simple exe which will modify this ini file.

Add this to the custom command list of the deployment.( check custom command button in the deployment -->Installer options).

Or

YOu can make all your test sequence settings to use batch process model.

Edit menu --> sequence file properties-->Advanced tab -->model options-->require specific model.

Overwriting the testexec.ini file is not good as it may already have some settings which may be overwritten.

Editing it should work.

Message 2 of 4
(3,925 Views)

EVEN MORE IMPORTANT! ensure in your Deployment Utility settings, within the Drivers and components settings in Additional components for Full Deployment to ensure the TestStand Runtime AND the Process Model runtime are selected! this burned me for 2 weeks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,728 Views)

I know its old thread, but still.

As brett has written:

I had a similar problem: in tester there was visible only Run Sequence button. After checking the TestStand XXXX Process Models Runtime in the Drivers and Components of Installer options in TestStand Deployment Utility, I see all 3 buttons: Test Sequence, Test UUTs & Single Pass.

With kind regards

Michal 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,241 Views)