NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set/save value of locals from LabView at development

Solved!
Go to solution

Is it possible to set/save value of locals in Teststand from LabView at the development, so i dont have to write the value in the variables pane? I can do this at programmatically at runtime with SetProperty, but i want to set them in the development with a VI.

Thanks

I use LabViwe 2012 SP1 32bit and Teststand 2012 SP1

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,626 Views)

You do the same thing as you would in an application.  Just run the VI in the sequence you want the locals to be written to.  You could tell all of the other steps to skip when you do this.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,611 Views)

Rokot,

Do you want the values to be stored to disk?  Or do you just want to change them during run time?

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,604 Views)

In runtime it works, but i want to set the value before when i develop the testsequence.

For example: There is a testseqauence with a Local.localnumber I want to set with a vi and change the values to 10.TeststandLocal.png

If I run the sequence, the value changes to 10 but after the sequnce is over it changes to the default value of 2. Is it possible to change the value durable?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,595 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Rokot

You have to acess the SequenceFile Locals and then save it to  disk.  I've attached an image as well as my code.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Download All
Message 5 of 6
(4,573 Views)

Good idea, it should fit.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,557 Views)