From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set a value of a property for a Step in C#

I am looking in the sample of
C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2014 (32-bit)\Examples\TestStand API\Building a Sequence Using API\DotNet\SequenceFileXMLParser\SequenceFileXMLParser.sln

From the above sample, I can see that it is setting the value of Use Current File via:

mainSequence.stepGroups[(int)StepGroupName.main].steps.Last().stepProps.Add(new PropData("Module.UseCurFile", "true"));

How do we know that this property exists for "Module.UseCurFile".

The reason is I wish to set other properties for a particular step via C# but cannot do so without knowing the exact name of the property i.e. I wish to set Comments for a particular step - how do I know the exact name for it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,734 Views)

Hi, 

Are you sure that the property exists? I mean to me it seems like the property is actually created by using the .add() method on the step and specifying a new PropData as the parameter. 

Have you looked at the example for accesing objects using API?

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052N-01/tsexamples/infotopics/accesspropertiesapi_express...

/Anton

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,668 Views)