From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set TestStand Report Path: TS2013

All,

I'm using TS 2013 and I need to change the path of my report depending on the UUT type I run. I basically have an upper shell sequence that dynamically calls any number of UUT sequences depending on the UUT SN entered. Depending on which UUT I run I need the HTML report to be placed in its UUT's report folder.

I don't belive I can use the built in Configure >> Report Processing Dialog because it won't let me change folders depending on what UUT Sequence is called. I've looked at the Community example for Set the TestStand Report Path at Runtime, but it's method uses the the ReportOptions callback which gets executed before the UUT sequence is called. Therefore doing me no good.

This way to do this in TestStand 4.1.1 and earlier was different than current version. I just need to be able to modify the report path once the user enters UUT type.

p.s. look like another person is having a similar issue, so if anyone can help us both out, I'm sure he would appreciate it as much as I do.

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,549 Views)

Aaron,

when does your system check the SN? It sounds as if that is part of your "master client". Is it possible to move that part into the Pre-UUT callback?

If so, the community example should work.

Otherwise, it gets tricky. The reason is that each plugin instance stores its own information. So you would have to identify the correct plugin, then identify the correct variable which holds the path to the report.

As the report might already open the file stream early, i am not sure if the client sequence is able to alter this setting at all....

Norbert

PS: You still got your blue nameplate 😉

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,521 Views)

Norbert,

I'm getting my SN from the LabVIEW UI I'm using. In Pre-UUT is where I am waiting on the SN from the LV UI. I agree, this is not trivial and I can't seem to modify the report path or file name in a correct location.

PS: Yep, kept my old username when I switched over to Nexjen after leaving NI. Didn't want to loose the user data I had.

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,466 Views)

Aaron,

ok, when changing the path of the report file in the PreUUT, you can use a lookup string similar to this:

Parameters.ModelPluginConfiguration.Plugins[0].PluginSpecific.Options.ReportFilePath

I marked the important part in bold. Point is, you have to know which plugin you want to modify regarding the path. If you only have a single plugin active, 0 is the number you are looking for. Otherwise, you have to make sure to access the correct plugin....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,410 Views)