NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Section Runs DUTS in parallel

I have a four DUT load board and I need to run a set of tests serially, one DUT at a time. I tried creating a Serial Section in my test flow but the tests continue to run through all four DUTS one test at a time. Each test is configured for serial Batch Synchronization. Attached is a reduced version of my sequence. Never mind the test names. I made them generic.

I expected all 5 steps inside the serial section to execute for DUT0 before beginning to test DUT1. This didn't happen. What happened was Continuity executed serially for all four sites, one at a time; then PS Shorts executed serially for all four sites one at a time; etc. This is the same behavior as I had before added the serial section.

I assume that Batch Synchronization set to Serial mode is what the manual means by a "Serial Section". I could only find the one paragraph in the manual on this subject.

Bob
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,892 Views)

Hi,

Have you had a look at the example in TestStand\examples\BatchUUTs.

This does exactly what you are trying to achieve.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 2 of 5
(2,883 Views)
Hey Bob,

I just wanted to add a little onto what Ray described.  The example is under Examples\MultiUUT, and the sequence file is called BatchUUT.seq.  At least I believe this is the example Ray was referring to.  The reason that your steps were executing one at a time is because you have individual synchronization settings on four of the steps contained within the serial batch synchronization section.  If you want all of the steps to execute before allowing the next DUT to begin the steps from that section you need to remove the individual synchronization settings.  Hope this helps!
Pat P.
Software Engineer
National Instruments
Message 3 of 5
(2,876 Views)
Thanks Patrick,  I know there was Batch and UUT somewhere in the file pathname Smiley Very Happy
Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 4 of 5
(2,869 Views)
I was mulling this over on the way home last night and the per-test synchronization crossed my mind. When I changed each tests synchronization to don't sync the test startrd working as expected.
Thanks,
Bob
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,861 Views)