NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number in report name aswell as report body ?

Hello
I am fairly new to TS, I am using the Single Pass Execution entry point with a sequence I have written. I have written my own LabVIEW based Barcode Scanning Module for getting the DUT Serial Number from the user (As the Single Pass doesn't include this) I then write the output of this module to RunState.Root.Locals.UUT.SerialNumber and voila the Serial Number entered appears in the header of my report however the report name still says {No UUT Serial Number} {Time} {Date}

How can I get the S/N into the filename ?

Thanks
Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,313 Views)

Chris,

You can use the ReportOptions BaseName variable to contain the serial number that you want to appear in the report’s filename.  If you’re using the Single Pass execution, try copying the ReportOptions callback from the process model and placing it into your sequence. The default ReportOptions is blank so you can add your own method of obtaining the serial number from the DUT. Once you have the DUT S/N, copy it into the Parameters.ReportOptions.BaseName string so that it will appear in the filename. Copy the S/N into the variable, RunState.Root.Locals.UUT.SerialNumber to have it appear into the Report header.

Hope this helps, Please see the attached example TS3.1 sequence file.

Todd

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,299 Views)
Do you have an example program for TestStand 2.0?  The example program for TestStand 3.1 won't open in TestStand 2.   I am trying to get the serial number and part number into the filename using TestStand 2 and LabWindows CVI 6.

John Bessire
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,199 Views)
Hi John,
  here it is saved for 2.0. I've not tested it though. Everything is done in TS 2, and not using CVI since statements are all that's required.

Hope that helps

Sacha Emery
National Instruments (UK)
// it takes almost no time to rate an answer Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,162 Views)