NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number Entry Funtion

Is there any way to set the serial number entry funtion DisplayUUTInformationDialog to be modal or floating? I want it to stay on top of the user interface when I scroll through the sequence steps or report for example. I would have thought this would be selectable some way. Like the message pop-up.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,114 Views)

With the dialog selected in your sequence, click the layout tab in the step settings pane. Here there are checkbox options for setting the mdoal and floating behaviors. I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,075 Views)

Hi,

You can override the PRE UUT (http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052N-01/tsexamples/infotopics/process_model_parallel/).

Skip the existing UUT dialog steps and replace with your own steps which gets the serial number ( using message popup or LV or any other language).

Since its a custom step you can make it the way you want it - modal or non modal.

The default serial number dialog in not modal.

It does the following function which your custom serial step should do :

On user clicking ok on the serial number dialog the parameters.UUT.serial number is updated with the user defined serial number.

Also you need to update the paramters.continue testing if user clicks cancel on the serial dialog.

Hope this helps.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,033 Views)