NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SequenceView

Hello

I am modifying an TS 3.1 Operator Interface using LabView 7.1, right now I am trying to modify the SequenceView Control adding 2 more columns to show to the user the tests specs (maximum and a minimum) of the running sequence steps.

I have these specs data whithin a container in my file globals (which I download from a server, so I have no control over them). This is
StationGlobals.Test[0].Min
StationGlobals.Test[0].Max
StationGlobals.Test[1].Min
StationGlobals.Test[1].Max
and so on...

The problem I am dealing with is passing these values to a "Expression Column" because the steps are not always actual tests (they may be popup msgs, actions, etc.) so the specs indexes always differ from the step indexes (THIS IS EXPLAINED IN THE ATTACHMENT). I have been able to get the StepType (Typeof(Step)) and apply an "N/A" label to a non-test step, I actually have a counter which indicates me the number of the test-step thus I can update the spec, the only problem is that when this occurs the whole column updates at once. Is there a way to get the index data from the "Index Column" so that I can use it in the "Expression Column" ?? Do you have any suggestion???

Thanx in advance for your help
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,295 Views)
Hello,

If you want to get the information from the "Index Column" into the "Expression Column" in the Sequence View control for the TestStand operator interface, you can type RunState.StepIndex into the Expression Field. This will return the step index for each step of your sequence in the Sequence View control. I hope that this information helps you out.

Regards,
Kevin L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,259 Views)
Hello

Thank you for your comments. Well, I tried this before, the problem is that the tests steps I want to show are not consecutives as there are some steps which are not actual tests thus they do not have a data to show. I debugged a sequence using TS and finally I found an indicator which tells me the index of the pass-fail steps (which are my actual tests) within the sequence.

This statement gives me the index I am looking for:
RunState.ProcessModelClient.Data.Seq["MainSequence"].Main[RunState.StepIndex].Result.ReportText

On a running sequence this index returns the following data:
NULL For a no test/fail step
0 For the 1st. pass/fail step in the sequence
1 For the 2nd. pass/fail step in the sequence
(and so on...)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,251 Views)
Hello,

I apologize that I may have misunderstood what you where asking, but I am glad that you where able to solve your problem. If you are still encountering problems, feel free to reply to this post.

Regards,
Kevin L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,238 Views)
No prob @ all. Thanx for your help =D
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,229 Views)