From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SequenceView control doesn't display in deployed UI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, Teststand users.  I placed a Teststand SequenceView control on my custom Labview UI, and it updates correctly on my development station as the sequence executes, including after I've built the UI into an EXE.  But when I deploy the package to a test station on the manufacturing floor, the SequenceView stays blank throughout the sequence, which executes correctly to completion.  The test station has Labview Run-Time Engine 2015 installed and Teststand sequence editor 2014 SP1.  Any idea what could cause the SequenceView to not update?  I'm calling the ExecutionViewMgr > ConnectExecutionView function in the normal recommended way.

Thanks.   -Joe Czapski

------------
Joe Czapski, Sonos, Boston, Mass.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,612 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Station3

A few initial thoughts:

Is tracing enabled on the Test Station?  

Is it possible that there are multiple test executions on the Test Station such that you're not displaying the execution that you're trying to show?

Pulido Technologies LLC

Message 2 of 8
(4,608 Views)

Thank you!  Yes, I disabled tracing in the editor earlier, my bad.  It updates correctly now.

-Joe

------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,604 Views)

hi,Joe;

I place a Teststand SequenceView control in LabVIEW front panel(UI), how does it update correctly as the sequence executes , I wonder if you could give me a simple example.

thanks.

Jack

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,338 Views)

Hi, Jack.  There are Labview examples that install with Teststand that show you nicely how to implement the SequenceView.  Look in (Public, NI) > Teststand > Examples > Modifying User Interfaces.  Also look in (Program Files, NI) > Teststand > UserInterfaces.

Joe

------------
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,318 Views)

Hi Pulido,

How do I disabled tracing on the Test Station ?

AA

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,218 Views)

In TestStand, go to Configure-> Station Options.

Then, in the dialog, under the Execution tab, there's an Enable Tracing section, where you can disable all tracing or enable tracing in specific instances.

This can also be done in the TestStand API by changing the value of RunState.Engine.StationOptions.ExecutionMask.

Pulido Technologies LLC

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,213 Views)

Thanks Pulido,

AA

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,206 Views)