NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SequenceFileUnload Callback

Steffen,

Attached is your sequencefile with some modification. I only have TS3.0 available to me, so I had to modify the monitor sequence slightly, but you can ignore those changes.

I have also switched on the Initial Hide and disable tracing in the Sequence Call settings dialog of the Call Monitor Step.

Regards
Ray Farmer

Sorry I have just noticed in my last message I miss out the 't' from your name.

Message Edited by Ray Farmer on 04-18-2005 10:27 PM

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,272 Views)
Hi Doug, hi Ray,

thank you very much for your suggestions and for bothering changing my example sequence file!

After having read your posts it was quite clear that my sequence doesn't work the way it was... but that's the focus of a forum 😉

Now everything works fine...

regards
Steffen
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,256 Views)
Glad to here your query has been resolved:)

Ray.
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,254 Views)
Hi,

I have to come back to the problem with the parallel execution again...
The new execution for monitoring is started in the sequenceFileLoad Step of my main sequence. This works fine.
Now I have a Login/Logout button in my operator interface, but even if I set the options of the button to TSUIConst_CommandConnection_IgnoreEnable the button is useless as soon as one execution has started.

Does anyone have an idea how I can manage that my monitoring sequence does not take effect on the login/logout procedure/button of TestStand?
The main aim of all this is an application/operator interface that starts the monitoring sequence on starting up and terminating this execution for example when shutting down the operator interface or logging out the user. But during execution it must not affect all other functions of the application!

Thanks in advance
Regards
Steffen
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,239 Views)
Steffen,

It is intended that you not be able to initiate the Login/Logout procedure while a sequence is executing. Your monitoring sequence needs to be terminated before logging out.

One possible workaround is to not use a TestStand UI Button Control for the Login/Logout button. Instead you might use some other button with a callback to check if the monitor sequence is executing, terminating it if necessary and then calling the login/logout procedure.

Another idea would be to put in a button to invoke the Engine.TerminateAll method before the user logs out.

Regards,

Eric M
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,207 Views)
Hi Eric,

I tried out the proposal to use a normal command button for login/logout. The problem I run into now is that the termination procedure seems to be too slow because immediately after having executed "execution.terminate" for my monitoring sequence the popup of TestStand comes up to ask what to do with the currently running sequence (monitoring.seq). If I now choose "automatically close execution when done" everything is ok. But this is quite uncomfortable... I there a way to set a wait condition or anything?

Thanks
Steffen
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,201 Views)