NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SequenceFilePostStepFailure

That looks good. But two things are not that what i want. That you have mad an String to enter my Text would be very nice. But the string i have enter should shown ubove if the same error in the same step occurs again. This should no problem to change because i only enter in the message config + Locals.Error. But that second problem is that the Locals.Error is only created in runtime.

I want to create this Local by TestStand for example in the Displaytest3.seq in UserZufallszahl permanetly and not only for runtime.
But i don't found something to realize this.

Do you know what i mean?

best reguards.

Tumbler
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 49
(1,641 Views)
Has any body an idea how i can realize this that i permanetly creat an variable in the calling sequence.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 49
(1,627 Views)
Hi,

Here is an example of a local being created in a caller sequence's locals.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 49
(1,627 Views)
Thank you Ray Farmer,

the example is very nice. But it creates the local only in the running copy of TestStand an not permanently in the sequence that we load.

I want that TestStand create a variable in the running copy an in the sequence i have start. I don't know how i should explain you what i want.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 49
(1,625 Views)
Hi,

You can access this property by using RunState.Caller.RunState.SequenceFile.Data.Seq[""].Locals. You can perform the NameOf(RunState.Caller.RunState.Sequence) to get the Name of the Caller sequence.

You would have to increment the RunState.SequenceFile.ChangeCount and save the sequence file. Otherwise when you close the SequenceFile, you would lose this change.

I will modify that example a little later on.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 49
(1,621 Views)
That would be nice.

best reguards

Tumbler
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 49
(1,621 Views)
Hi,

as promised, an updated example.

regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 37 of 49
(1,612 Views)
Very nice thank you very much for your help.
Now it works how i mean.

A litle problem i still have. Do you remember on my ErrorHandler.seq with the Message Popup that opens in Error case.
In this Message Popup i will Enter this string:
+ PropertyExsits("RunState.Caller.RunState.Caller.Locals.ErrorText") ? RunState.Caller.RunState.Caller.Locals.ErrorText : ""
But this string doesn't work i get an error

Datails: Error Evaluating Message Expression: Specified value does not have the expected type.

ErrorCode: -17308; Specified value does not have the expected type.

Location: Step 'Message Popup' of sequence 'MainSequence' in 'ErrorHandler.seq'

What is wrong with this Expression?
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 49
(1,608 Views)
I have disengaged my problem.

Last but not least one question. Now we create the variable in the Locals Tab of a sequence. Is it possible to create a variable in the actually step of a sequence?
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 49
(1,601 Views)
Hi,

Let me see if I have understood you correctly.

You what to create, at runtime, a SequenceCall step type with an additional step property, of type String and insert it into a sequence. This of course would make it a Custom Step Type based on NI SequenceCall Step Type.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 49
(1,602 Views)