NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SequenceFilePostStepFailure

No thats not right.

Do you know my Example i have insert in this thread. There is a LabView Step named Zufallszahl. If you look at this there is a variable named Step.Result.ReportText. I want to insert a Text and then i want to save this text in ReportText.

It works in runtime i can insert a text if i use the first activeX from your last example. But i couldn't change the over three ActiveX that TestStand save the value i wrote in ReportText.

Do you know what i mean

I have insert your example with my changes in the first activex i thought that is easier.
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 49
(1,604 Views)
Hi,

Ok, I will have a look at your updated seq file.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 49
(1,598 Views)
Hi,

In the example CreateLocal2.seq, in the first step in the Main of the Sequence "Sequence", the Object Reference: should be RunState.Caller.Step.Result.

You should then see the ReportText entry in the Report when you run the MainSequence with either of the process model Entry Points.

If you are using this in your SequenceFilePostStepFailure, then the Object Reference will be RunState.Caller.RunState.Caller.Step.Result

Remember every level you travel back up, add RunState.Caller to the lookup string.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 49
(1,576 Views)
Ok i understand. But how can i create an save dynamically an variable in a step and save this?

My colleague hath to accomplish to create a local variable in every step in a calling sequence but we can't save this permanettly.
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 49
(1,574 Views)
Hear is the example from my colleague.

Hear you can see what we want. But we have one problem if we close the sequencefile the local varaibles get lose.

Open Displaytestrg.seq
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 49
(1,571 Views)
Hi,

Sorry for the delay at looking at your response. I understand what you are after, but maybe your new example will confirm that.

By the way, you forgot to attach your new example.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 49
(1,564 Views)
Hi,

In the Step "Create String Variable with the value in Caller - Static value" in the sub-sequence, instead of the Reference being

"RunState.Caller.RunState.SequenceFile.Data.Seq[NameOf( RunState.Caller.RunState.Sequence) ].Locals"

you will need to change it to

"RunState.Caller.RunState.SequenceFile.Data.Seq[NameOf( RunState.Caller.RunState.Sequence) ].Main[NameOf(RunState.Caller.RunState.Step)].Result"

and change the LookupString from "MyStr" to "ReportText".

Hope this helps
Regrds
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 49
(1,561 Views)
Yes that helps thank you. But if i don't use the Locals RepotText and create dynamically a new variable then TestStand creat it. But don't save.
If i close the sequence and load it again the created variable is lose.

What i do wrong. Must i use a other save function or what ever.
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 49
(1,557 Views)
Here is the Example i've forgot.
Open Displaytestrg.seq.

That create the Variable and if we close the file we lose the variable. If we use the ReportText variable and then we close the file the text we entered is still there.

Why not if we create the text and the variable. Did we save wrong?

My co-worker sayed to me that he want to entered the text from the operator interface afte the full testsequence is ready. He want to enter in the step who had an error an the he wants to create a variable. And in this variable he want to enter a text. Is this possible to?
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 49
(1,553 Views)