NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequence step results in Simple Text Report

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using Teststand 2012 and have installed the simple text report model plugin.

My main test sequence calls a number of subsequences which contain the test steps and also contain more subsequences. A number of the subsequences are actions only. My result test file contains all the test steps results as expected, but it also contains a result line for each sequences call - making it difficult to see the results that matter. I would like to record only test steps.

Looking at the SimpleTextReport.dll code in CVI I can see it is stepping through the list of results, and formatting each line ( I have changed some of the formating). Is this the right place to filter out the sequence call steps or can I stop the sequence call steps from being added to the result list?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,785 Views)

There are several ways to accomplish your goal:

1- Edit the SimpleTextReport.dll code as you suggested.  This will enforce this type of reporting for ALL sequence files on that machine that use that plugin.

2- Add a SequenceFileResultListEntry callback to your sequence file.  In there you could look and see if it is a Sequence Call step.  If it is then you just grab the results from the substeps and move them to your local results.  I've attached an example that demonstrates this.  You must have On-The-Fly turned off.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 5
(3,772 Views)

Thanks, that is very helpful.

Your example fails the analyse sequence stage, but that is OK.

As most of my sequences are in separate files I think I will need to add it to each sequence file. Is it possible to use the same approach in the sequential model?

This system will only ever run this test, and what I am trying is to match is our old result format under teststand 4.2, so a "permanent" solution is good.

David

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,756 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author David_Stevenson
You can put it in the sequential model. Just use ProcessModelPostResultListEntry with the exact same code. If it is in the model you won't need it in the other files. Also, there is probably already stuff in the model. You'll have to code around it. It is how they do on the fly.
jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,754 Views)

Thanks, that worked exactly as needed.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,751 Views)