NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequence step coloring

Working in a multi-threaded application I have literally hundreds of locks and unlocks.  Is there a way I can color the background of the entire step from the left side of the screen all the way to the right.  For me, it would aid readability of our very large sequence files.

Tony
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,036 Views)

Row colors are not currently configurable in the default sequence editor, although I would expect that to change in some future version of TestStand.

Currently, in an operator interface or custom editor that uses the SequenceView UI controls, you could set the Step Background Color expression for the SequenceView control as design time to:

TypeOf

(Step) == "NI_Lock" ? tsYellow : 0x80000005 /* syscolor for window bg */

This will color the background of Lock steps from just after the step icon to the end of the last column. It is possible that a future version of TestStand might extend the application of the background color across the entire row.

Message 2 of 4
(3,029 Views)
We implemented something of a "Label" step that only prints out the top line of the HTML step entry, and allow it to change colors using an argument in the Step Name, such as /Yellow, /Red, /Blue, etc.

This required changes to the C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.1\Components\NI\Models\TestStandModels\reportgen_html.seq, specifically in the "PutOneResultInReport" subsequence.  We then parse (read) the step name (reading the "Parameters.ReportText" value for the color argument), we then implement the appropriate color for that step.  

What we do, is to copy the file, and move it to the ...User\Models\TestStandModels directory.  Keeps the original configuration for TestStand, but the Search Path finds the file in the User directory first.

Mike

Message 3 of 4
(3,017 Views)
Hi,

If I have understood you correctly, you have modified the 'reportgen_html.seq' in the NI folder but not the file in the USER folder.

TestStand looks to see if the file is in the USER folders first, and if it exists it will use it. Therefore you will need to put the put the modified reportgen_html.seq file in the USER folder. This is the normal practices.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,005 Views)