NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequence header at the end of the sequence in the report

Good afternoon everyone,

I have a strange issue with my TestStand Report (any kind of report type) : some time ago the headers (with the name, the parameter's values, the module time, the status) of the sequence and sub-sequence were at the begining. Now they are a the end of the sequence, which means instead of having the status of the sequence first, I have the status of all the steps contained in the sequence BEFORE having the status of the sequence.

I have checked and double checked the Report options : nothing tells that the headers must be at the end.

I have 2 bench on which my sequences are running and one of them has the sequence headers upside down in the report and the other has the headers in the proper order. Their report options are exactly the same and I can't find where the configuration is different !

Does anyone have some idea ? Please ?

TestStand revision : 2010

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,606 Views)

A shot into the blue: Do you use a custom process model?

Alternatively: Did you/a collegue dig into the report generation of TS and accidently modify sequence files there?

Easiest way to cross check: Install another PC with TS and test if this behavior is the same there.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,604 Views)

Hello Norbert, 

Thanks for your help ! 

Yes we use a custom process model, we have 2 PC that run the tests and their behaviours are not the same.

Both PC have exactly the same process model (100% sure) because I made several campaign of software evolution on the first one (the one with the normal report) and then I have exported into the second PC (the one with the "upside down" report) this custom process model so the report generation sequence is the same on both computers.

I also import the files TestExec.ini, Stationglobals.ini, User.ini and MyTypes.ini.

I think I do not import the file that manages the report option but I cannot find which one it is.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,570 Views)

Depending on the configuration and the TS version, that could be different files.

If you are using TS 2012 and newer, it should be somewhere in the file called "NI_ReportGenerator.seq" which you can find in the <TestStand>\Components\Models\ModelPlugIns\ directory.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,567 Views)

Thanks Norbert.

But I'm using TestStand 2010.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(4,559 Views)

In TS 2010, the generation of the report is managed by the process model itself. So if both stations have the same process model, there should be no difference except:

a) Someone changed the TestReport callback of the process model without notifying you on the second (deployed) station

b) The client sequence file overrides the TestReport callback with a modified version leading to the mismatch.

Are you sure that you also use the same client sequence file? Does the "swap" also occur with NI example sequences (like computer motherboard test)?

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(4,556 Views)

a) yesterday, I applied the sequence model of the "correct" bench into the wrong "bench" and I still have a good report on one and an upside down report on the other.

b) I tried with one of my own sequence and the result is the same. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(4,547 Views)

Can you please post an example of an offending report?

Are the steps in the body of the report in the correct or up-side-down order?

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(4,544 Views)

LucD,

What format of the report are you using?  Is it XML?  If so then it could be different stylesheets being applied?  Or someone changed the stylesheets?

Also, just to make sure I would use Beyond Compare or some text compare tool to ensure that your ReportOptions.ini files are NOT different.

Also, are both benches running the same client sequence file?  If not then is one of them overriding any of the report callbacks and the other one not?

Just some thoughts to throw out there.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(4,536 Views)

To Norbert : 

The steps in the body are ok, in the correct order yes.

I've attached two extract of report (check the Report Correct first), change the extention from ".txt" to ".html", the html one wasn't authorized by the forum.

To jiggawax

I'm not using XML format, only text or html. Where is located the ReportOptions.ini file ? I cannot find it with a basic search, could it be hidden ? As I am not managing this file in the configuration of the benches, it might be the origin of the problem !

Both benches are running the same client sequence indeed : the client sequence are located on a network reachable by the benches.

I doubt that one the client sequence can override a report callback but afterall I should make sure of this possibility.

Thanks for your help !

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(4,507 Views)