NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequence Editor posting "Out of memory" during a save

I am using TestStand 4.2 and I have several sequences for testing within a sequence editor file.  At times when I try to make changes to one of the sequences, I will get a Sequence Edito error that states "Out of memory".  Does this mean that I am using too many sequences within the sequence editor file?  How can I remedy this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,282 Views)

What format are you using for your files? Xml, ini, or Binary? Xml requires the most memory, binary requires the least. If you are not using binary and switch to using binary that will probably fix the problem.

Another possibility is you have some sort of memory leak so that there isn't much memory left to save the file. In a 32-bit process, you are limited to 2GB of memory, but will likely get out of memory errors sooner than that for large files due to memory fragmentation.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,265 Views)

Are you referring to the sequence files or the report files for file types?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,257 Views)

sequence files.

In the Sequence File Properties dialog, you can see what the format of your files are. The default for new files is binary, but that default can be changed and the format of existing files is never changed unless you change the setting in the Sequence File Properties dialog.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,252 Views)