From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seq editor E box?

Very simple question but I recently installed Test stand 2013 and every time I run a sequence I get this dialog box in the corner.  Seq Editor E(lapsed timer?) cant resize cant close and generally its in the way.  How do I turn this off?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,980 Views)

There is no such built-in feature of TestStand. Perhaps someone has implemented that as customization where you are working? Perhaps a screenshot would give us a better idea of what you are talking about.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,956 Views)

Hey ggraver,

Can you send me a screenshot of that dialog box?

Is it only appear when you run the sequence, or when you open it?

Does it happen with different sequence files?

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,952 Views)

Sure here is the screen shot I have.  the little window down in the corner.  It only shows up when you run test stand.  

teststandpic.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,946 Views)

That is not a builtin feature of TestStand. Perhaps you have custom made process model from somewhere that is doing that?

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,921 Views)

Looking at the bottom of the Sequence Editor window, it looks like the model is called "TestStandModel.seq", which lends credence to the idea that this is a custom model (we do not provide a built-in model with that name). Also, it looks like the name of the dialog box is being cut off--I bet if you resize it with your mouse, you'll see a more complete name for the box. It looks like some kind of execution monitor window.

This is almost certainly a process model customization, and could likely be disabled by editing the process model to skip or remove the steps which display the dialog. If you'd like to look through the process model and try to find the relevant code, you can just double-click the text at the bottom that says "TestStandModel.seq" to open the process model.

Also, if you obtained the model from another developer at your company, it might be worth talking to that person to get more insight on why the dialog exists or how you might disable it for your testing.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,909 Views)

Thank you all for the replies.  I got with our dept. Test stand dev and it turns out they do mod all seq before they roll them out to now include this window as an option with default on.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,905 Views)