cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select Active X Class for Automation Refnum

Solved!
Go to solution

Using TS2010 SP1, LV2010.

I'm building my own UI based on a mix between the simple and full featured UI examples.

I'm creating a Globals front panel.  I place an Automation Refnum on the front panel and right click, I want to choose one of the managers (Application Manager)  I expect to see TSUI.IApplicationMgr, or TSUI.IExecutionViewMgr, but those are not part of the list available.  So I use the "Browse" selection and get a gigantic list of what I think are class libraries to choose from.  I've been through many of the TestStand and NI and zNationalInstruments choices but can not find where the TestStand Managers reside.

While we are at it where do the other controls reside?  I'll need them later.

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,960 Views)

First off, I'd highly recommend modifying the simple or full-featured UIs rather than build your own from scratch.

Second, the manager controls are in the TestStand palette when you right click on the front panel.

CTA, CLA, MTFBWY
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,957 Views)

If you instaled TestStand after LabVIEW then you should see them show up on the palettes:

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,956 Views)

Snow & Jigg,

thanks for the reply, I started with the simple UI and modified until I am at the point that I really need to get some globals working and clean up the block diagram.

Yes I have the managers for for the main vi but when working with the globals such as in the full UI you need to create an automation refnum and select the active x class for it.

When I do this generally the last few classes you have chosen show up in the list, but when those are not the ones you want you must browse for them.  But I can't find them.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,950 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ATEDJ

Look for the TestStand UI Controls object.  See my attachment.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,944 Views)

This worked perfectly, thanks for attaching a picture too.

I had looked in this section previously but didn't scroll down past all the "events" to get to the good stuff.

I found all the managers, and all TestStand front panel components.

Thanks Jigg, It looks like you contribute a lot to the community, I've used several of your solutions for other posts also, so thanks for those too.

Newb-D

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,935 Views)

Hi, 

Thank you for the thread. I just tested-run the example "Excel-Write Table.vi" and it worked properly. But my problem is that when I tried to create a refnum constant to mimc the one in the example, I couldn't find the "Microsoft Excel [Version] Objects Library". I do have Excel installed on my PC but it seems a lot objects are not listed when I try to browse it. I can only find Microsoft Office List and related, but no Word or Excel. Thanks!

Version: LabVIEW 2013 SP1

Office 2013

Untitled2.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,513 Views)

hey pal193387, 

this post is over 2 years old. i recommend posting on a newer thread or starting a new one.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,480 Views)