NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving string result data to access database

Solved!
Go to solution

I am having problems when I try saving String Result Data (or additional Data.) to a database.

I think I need to modify the Database Schema but do not know how.

I have attached a simple VI, a sequence, and a database to illustrate the problem.

Also enclosed is a screen shot of the error message that Test Stand Throws up.

I am using TestStand 4.1.1

Can anyone tell me how to overcome this problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,396 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author doogle

Doogle -

The DATA field in the PROP_RESULT table in PLAY.mdb is defined as a 'Number' data type instead of the 'Text' data type as in the default database file included in TestStand. Somehow this data type changed. If you change it back, it should log the string. I did notice that the string value that you are logging is binary, so TestStand will log this in a binary encoded format which might not be what you want.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,373 Views)

The only reason that the string was set to binary was I tried it in an attempt to overcome the problem.

I notice that the table generation portion of the automatically generated sql seems to try to generate some tables several times.

The first instance specified forthe creation of creation PROP_RESULT makes the DATA field as Double.

Subsequent attempts (which fail),specify the DATA field as VarChar(255) type.

I have tried manually editing the DATA type to Text(255) in access an this does work.

Thank you  for your input Scott.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,367 Views)