NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save and restore execution context

Hi !

I oufnd other posts treating about this subject but they're old and doesn't really give a clear answer to this problem : save and restore an execution context.

The idea is to get a 'photography' of an execution at a specific moment (in my case: when the user terminates an execution) and then restore the execution when needed (in my case: when the user will re-open the terminated sequence file).

I'd like to do it with the most efficient way possible. I've taken a look at Execution.Get/NewSequenceDefaultValues but it only retunr 'original' values of the sequence loaded, not the current values. I've also seen that a PropoertyObject can be serialized/unserialized, but this serialization doesn't seem to embedded current PO variable values...

Will I be obliged to create my own backup/restore system or is there an efficient way to this ?

BTY, I'm using TS and LV 2014.

Thanks !

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,657 Views)

Hello zyl7,

You'll have to create your backup/restore system.

You'll have to apply the variables of your sequence to the sequence file data.

Difficulties will be found with objects like reference or handle.

Good luck!

Regards,

Jovan N. - Application Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,548 Views)

Hi Jovan,

I finally found a way to do it using callbacks and UIMessages.

The problem is not about saving/restoring the variable values, but it is to return to the 'nex start step'. Thi snew step may be be deep into a sequence call hierarchy, so diving to this specific one when the execution begins can be difficult. But I found my way doing it !

Thanks anyway for your answer !

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,544 Views)