From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSP for runtime

This question has come from management and I have not found a person to answer yet. It costs $95 to upgrade the runtime license for a TestStand workstation. We have the SSP for Pro Test Edition of LabVIEW, so I would assume that we will get the 3.5 version of TestStand as part of it. Does the SSP cover our runtimes? After running the upgrade advisor for TestStand base deployment and entering qty (10), as a plausible population for us, the base deployment upgrade cost is still $95. Am I correct in assuming that the upgrade case for deployment is "Upgrade One, Upgrade them all"? and that NI will retain this policy in the future?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,126 Views)
Hi Odd Modem,

Unfortunately, SSP does not cover the upgrade of Deployment Licenses. As you mentioned, to upgrade your base deployment license, it will be $95 per license. The upgrade advisor will initially give you a price of $95, but the last page of the advisor should give you the grand total, which for your 10 deployment licenses will be $950.

Hope this answers your question Odd Modem, let us know if we can answer anything else for you.

Have a good one!

Dan Weiland
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Dan Weiland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,106 Views)
Yes actually, the sales page for the base deployment says this:

900850D-01 TestStand Base Deployment Engine License ver. 3.x $500

Where 3.x obviously means that it works with any 'three' version of TestStand. When I use upgrade advisor to go from 3.0 to 3.1 it still wants to charge me $95. I don't understand, 3.x means that it is good for 3.0, 3.1 and 3.5 (if it ever comes out.) Why doesn't upgrade advisor say $0 to go from 3.0 to 3.1?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,087 Views)
I agree that the website wording is slightly confusing, however the idea is to indicate that these licenses are backwards compatible for all the 3.x versions, not forwards compatible.

Since we only have licenses for the most recent version of TestStand available at a given time, this backwards compatibility allows somebody with a 3.0 sequence they wish to deploy to purchase a license that will work, even though only 3.1 deployment licenses are available. However a 3.0 deployment license needs to be upgraded before a 3.1 sequence can be deployed under that license.

I apologize for the confusion, I hope this answers your questions.

Dan Weiland
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Dan Weiland
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,068 Views)
yes, Thank You.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,053 Views)