NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime Error Popup on Deployment

Hello!

I have a system that works great on the develepment system and the errors are trapped but when I make a deployment and move it to the deployed location the errors that are supposed to be handled in my error handler in the SequenceFilePostStepRuntimeError callback. In the deployment each error comes up as a runtime error popup and the system does not move forward to clear. It needs user interaction.

I'm sure it is a setting somewhere that I'm missing. Any suggestions?

Bill

Bill Lewis
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,626 Views)

Configure>>Station Options

On the Execution tab what does the On Run-Time Error have set?

Make it the same on your deployment machine as your development machine.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,595 Views)

I have the following set in the station settings, shouldnt these setting pass to the deployment? I have base deplyment licenses, how do I check the deplyment settings?

Untitled.png

Bill Lewis
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,591 Views)

These will only pass to the deployment machine if you explicitly include them in your deployment and have them install to the cfg folder on the deployment machine. 

Here is a whitepaper on it: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E5E4FEADEFE6023D862571590000C5CC

Otherwise, if you use the Full-Featured TestStand UI on the deployment machine it will have the menus.  The menu isn't there in the simple UI.  You could create a little tool just for changing these.  That might take a bit of work though.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,589 Views)

ok thanks! these are being included in the deploment so I will have to check the files. which file is this located in stationglobals?

Bill Lewis
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,577 Views)

My guess is that it's stored in TestExec.ini but I haven't verified this.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,571 Views)