From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart OI without unload

I am creating a custom Operator Interface (OI) for a customer.  I am using the Full-Featured VB.NET example as the basis for my OI,  My customer is in a repair environment and not a production environment.  They wish:
1. To use the "Single Pass" entry point only.  They have reasons for not using the "Test UUT" entry point.
2. They want to be able to re-run the same UUT, with the same seq file and the same operator.  Otherwise the execution would look like a new execution with the listbar, execution view and report views cleared when the operator starts another execution.

My problem is that to clear the listbar, execution view, and report view I have to release the manager connections.  I do this after detecting a "EndExecution" event.  Those controls do clear.  However when I re-establish the connections all the old data comes back in the views and listbar.  I do not want the old data.  I want to come up with just to new data, similar to an initial application start but with same seq file, user and UUT.  I am obviously missing setting some property or implementing some method, but I cannot determing what it is.  Can you help?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,732 Views)
The ReportView shows the report for the Execution on the ExecutionViewMgr. So if you set the ExecutionViewMgr.Execution to Nothing. The ReportView will clear. The ListBar page binds to the executions in the ApplicationMgr.Executions collection. If you close all completed executions using the ApplicationMgr.CloseExecution method, the ListBar will clear as well. This way you don't need to mess with the connections.

Hope this helps.

Mahesh
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,730 Views)

Mahesh,

Your sugestions worked great.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,726 Views)