NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports, how to delete them automatically

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody has a solution to the issue of accumulating too many testing reports.

After the development of the tester is finished, and it is positioned on the floor, sometimes in remote locations, I don't have access to the tester and I'm not sure if anybody pay attention to the fact that the HD is getting filled with theses reports.

Does anybody has a solution to that problem?
May be an automatic program that cleans up the reports folder once a month, for example?

What about the option of generating only one report, overwriting the previous one? What's your opinion?

Thanks
Rafi
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,874 Views)
Hi Rafi,

There would be various options for managing the report files:

Option 1:
1) Go to Tools -> Report Options -> Report File Pathname
2) Uncheck the "append time and date" option. So all reports will be overwritten
3) You can make some more changes here to configure your report name

Option 2:
1) Create a windows BAT file and write a script there to delete/backup too old files based on date
2) Make sure that the bat file is executed during start-up

Option 3:
1) Make a windows scheduled task that will delete some files/folder at a specific time (day/week/month/year)

There could me more options, and it all depends on what you want to actually achieve.

Regards,
Rajiv G
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,854 Views)
Hello Ragiv and thanks for answering

Option 1 - I'm familiar with it and have been experimenting with the different options.

Option 2 - Is the bat file must be executed during the start-up of the computer or be called by my TS/CVI program upon execution?

Option 3 - seems the most attractive to me. Once a month to delete all the files older than 1 month. How do you do that? I don't even know which application does that...

Thanks
Rafi
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,841 Views)
Hi Rafi,

The BAT (batch) file can be executed from windows at any given point.

You can even execute the BAT file at certain time by using the Windows Task Scheduler.

For more information on task scheduler, you can look at http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/tasksched_topnode.mspx
(There are even more resources on Microsoft's website)

I hope it helps.

Regards,
Rajiv G
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,836 Views)