NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report results of test in different step

Hello All,

I have a section of a test sequence that loops through several iterations while looking for an acceptable result. The only result I am interested in is the passing result (or the last iteration if a passing result is not found).  I've tried a few different things like removing the result of the failed step from the result list, but this doesn't work if on-the-fly reporting is enabled.

I have read a few different articles and posts that sound like they may have a better solution.  If I disable result recoding on the individual step inside the loop, then use a seperate step, after the loop to only record the result of the last iteration, the failed steps will never get into the report, even if on the fly reporting is enabled (presumably).

My question is this: It is unclear to me how to set up that extra step outside the loop to copy the result from a previous step. Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

GSinMN 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,982 Views)

Give this one a try.  I think it is what you are looking for.  If you set up the looping on the step correctly it will only display the last result.  I have to stop looping if the step is pass.

Let me know if you have questions or concerns.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,963 Views)