NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Generation Question

-Hi Again:

Sorry if this may seems trivial, but I have a question about callbacks.
I thought that callbacks override existing sequences.
For instance, if I were to use the modify header callback it should override addheader callback right?
For some reason I am getting results from both, would I have to modify the testreport callback as well?
Another Question, is how can I insert parameters into the modify callback and have it called by the existing sequence model?

thanx,
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,366 Views)
Hi Trinity79,

>>I thought that callbacks override existing sequences

This is correct.

>>For instance, if I were to use the modify header callback it should override addheader callback right?

Not correct, It does as the name suggests, 'modify'. The ModifyHeaderReport passes the string containing the tentative report header text as one of its parameters and gives you the option to modify (slightly).
You would have to empty the input string (Parameters.ReportHeader = "") before adding header text.

Or you would have to override the TestReport callback.

>>Another Question, is how can I insert parameters into the modify callback and have it called by the existing sequence model?

You can added parameters to callbacks but I wouldn't do it to the default process models sequencefiles, as this would upset all other sequencefile provided with teststand. Create your own process model based on the default one and set your sequencefile to use this instead. You can set this up in your SequenceFile properties dialog box.

Hope this is of help
Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,350 Views)
Thanks for your help!!

I need to format a report, I have the header & footer setup. The body is where I have the problems.
I need different "test sequence headers", they are basically different based on test performed.
I have the test setup into subsequences in the main sequence, I need to gather the subsequence name and place it in the report.
Also, I need to gather each step name within the subsequence. I am pretty sure I have to use the activeX adapter, but I am not sure
which one I am supposed to use to get these properties.

Thanks,

Trinity79
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,328 Views)
Hello Trinity79,

I am not sure exactly what you are needing because currently all sequence calls and steps are included in the body of the report. You may need to check if your report options are set to include these steps though. Go to Configure -> Report Options. In this dialog box there is a check box for "Include Step Results". Make sure this box is checked and that the Result FIltering is set to All Results or True. Let me know if this was the problem or if you were looking for something else.

Thanks,
Caroline
National Instruments
Thanks,
Caroline Tipton
Data Management Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,299 Views)
Caroline,

Basically this is what I meant.
I have to generate a report that has two different test headers (not report headers).
For instance, one header is what I call a measurement header (it contains things such as limits, measurement value, step name)
The other header contains only the step name, and a pass/fail.
Let me know if you need more info.
I just need to know where I go in and edit this so my report has these two headers, I am currently using on the fly reporting.

Thanks,

Trinity79
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,286 Views)
Hi,

Most of the information in a report for each step is done in the PutOneResultInReport sequence.
In the configure report options you have the ability to switch off or filter out some of the properties that get reported.

Failing this I have used a boolean in StationGlobals to determine whether to do some of the steps in the PutOneResultInReport sequence. This option will require modifying the report generator sequencefile.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,277 Views)