NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename "uninst.exe" in teststand deployment

Hi,

I have two applications installer deployed with Teststand Deployment (TSD). Both have the same installation folder. The issue i have when i execute them is : the uninst.exe is being override with the last installation. So, when I try to uninstall the applications from the control panel, I can uninstall just one application. The second says, it is already uninstalled..Then I have issues to reinstall it.

I was looking for an option to rename the uninst.exe or modify its path. Do you know how i could do that ? 

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,134 Views)

You can run custom commands to execute any command http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052K-01/tsref/infotopics/db_custom_commands/

However, if you rename or move the uninst.exe Add/Remove programs will no longer be able to uninstall it for obvious reasons. More details here: http://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/show/2238-how-add-remove-programs-works

Can you install it to two different subfolders within the main installation directory?

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,118 Views)

Do you have to put both applications in the exact same location? You could create a subdirectory for each of your applications to avoid the problem. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,099 Views)

Hey Redzouz,

To help us figure out why this is happening, could you provide us with a bit of background information about how this happened? For example, did you create one deployment, save the TSD and then copy it on your machine to generate the second deployment TSD, or were these two completely independent deployments?

I'm also curious as to whether these applications need to be in the same folder or not. As mentioned previously, are you able to put them in subfolders of the main directory, or is something preventing you from doing that? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,089 Views)