NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote desktop problem in TestStand 4.2.1

We have two PCs here that we want to use as remote desktops for accessing TestStand 4.2.1. The reason is we're not sure if we'll lose any TPS engineers to other programs in the future, and we don't want to use licenses on their laptops then lose them. I installed TestStand alongside an SDK that we're using for development on both PCs. There are four engineers on the project, and two need to use these PCs.

The SDK is essentially a group of drivers, some C dlls, and a replacement sequential model. If the TS sequential model is used instead of the SDK's, these steps run as expected, no errors. This also happens if the step is set to "Do not record result." I'm waiting on an e-mail back from the SDK creator, but I really don't have any information on it.

When we use Remote Desktop (in Windows 7) to access TestStand on the PCs, three of us are unable. One PC will only run properly for Windows account A, and the other will only run properly for myself. For other users, when running Single Pass or Test UUTs, the execution hangs on any test step (ie Pass/Fail.) This happens even in a fresh sequence file with only a passing Pass/Fail test (no adaptor) placed. The execution reaches the test step and sits there until it is aborted. It does this whether via remote desktop or sitting at the PC.

If we could even get it to where it only worked for person B instead of me I'd be happy. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the SDK three times, I've repaired TestStand via the control panel with the install disk, and TS still only works for me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,099 Views)

I doubt this has anything to do with TestStand or remote desktop. Most likely there is an issue with the code you are calling based on which user is logged in. Perhaps it requires an admin user, or a particular user. If possible I'd recommend trying to debug the code involved or get whoever created it to do so.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,082 Views)