NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote access fails error 17852 must configure through Station Options

I activated the remote computer as a base deployment engine. When I run the sequence on the main computer I get the message : Step "Data Test" of sequence MainSequence in DCT Test.seq : A permission error occurred during the remote execution on host 172.127.3.3. You must install TestStand on the remote host and configure it through Station Options to permit access. Connection to TestStand Engine denied. Error Code -17852.
Since I activated it as base deployment engine all that is available on the remote computer is Test Stand 3.1/Version Selector and NI Liscense Manager from the start menu. Neither seem to have a Station Options.  How do I find station options so I can permit access? Or could it be something else?
Thank you
Sahc
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,016 Views)
Hi Sahc,

There are a couple of steps you'll need to go through in order to get this to work.

If you haven't already, you'll need to make sure enable the DCOM options for your remote system. For a detail description of this process, check out Setting up TestStand as a Server for Remote Execution on page 5-15 of the TestStand Reference Manual. You can find a link to this from the Help menu in TestStand. Select the Search the TestStand Bookshelf option. A link to the TestStand Reference Manual is in the fourth bullet point under New Users.

As far as configuring your Station Options on your base deployment, there are a couple of options. You can either deploy a Full OI to the system, which allows you to configure the station options, or you can configure the remote execution station options on your development machine within the sequence editor. The majority of Station Options are saved to the TestExec.ini file found in <TestStand>\Cfg. Once you configure the options on your development machine you can simply move this TestExec.ini file over to your base deployment machine.

Hope this helps Sahc, have a good one!

Dan Weiland
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Dan Weiland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,999 Views)
Thanks, I did the .ini version. Now I can invoke. 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,995 Views)